I haven't really befriended it since the for it is neither sweet nor sour or even bitter. It is kinda a tasteless unless one is lucky to get a just-ripe papaya which is more sweet than being tasteless.
But if we go by its many health benefits, then one would sacrifice its taste and eat it to remain healthy and hearty. Some of the many health benefits of papaya are as under:
Seeing its many health benefits, my wife has planted a pair of papaya trees and is giving wonderful fruit - perhaps many may not know that papaya is the only fruit tree which does not give fruit unless the male and female trees are planted together.
- It supports cardiovascular system
- It alleviates inflamation
- It encourages renewal of muscle tissues
- It is good for treatment of skin wounds - use papaya peel for treating wounds
- Its daily use prevents or aids in preventing formation of cataracts of eyes
- It helps constipation and nausea
- And it is also said to prevent many causes of colon cancer and gastrointestinal system
Almost ripe Papayas of my home garden
Photos: Pixabay - except last one by me
If you like Jaho Jalal, please follow us on Facebook