Everyone lives on the pillars of one's strength of character, aspirations, vision, perceptions and love. Like all those, I too have a list from which I draw my strength in times of tests and challenges. These may not be different from what any of my reader may have - only the listing order my be different depending upon the priorities of one's life.
Herein under are those 25 things that best describe me and my taste, aspirations and personality for those around me:
2. I am proud to be a Pakistani and there is no compromise on this.
3. I am very selective in choosing friends (don’t have a long list).
4. Being a Leo, lions (especially in National Geographic or at Lal Sohanra National Park where I could have been eaten away by the hungry lions) always fascinate me.
5. I love nature in its every form (this is reflective in my photography).
6. I am a proud veteran of one of the best armies of the world - The Pakistan Army.
7. I like travelling, seeing new places (I would love to visit Switzerland someday in my life - if I got rich enough).
8. I hate sycophancy and the sycophants.
9. I always wanted to play guitar, but ended up listening to The Ventures as an alternative.
10. Till my 8th grade, I had a terrible handwriting, till grilled by my mother (may she rests in heavens – Ameen) and I corrected it (people now admire it :).
11. I abhor Urdu TV dramas (full of family intrigues hatched by women) on cable.
12. Lahore continues to be my favourite city, though I finally settled down in Islamabad - but Lahore is the reason that my heart beats with strength.
14. I love everything that my wife cooks.
15. My family is the best thing that ever happened to me.
16. I love watching Tennis and sea surfing (though I like watching cricket and wrestling when my sons are watching).
17. I really cannot understand poetry, so I prefer listening to a song with good music.
18. I always wear matching clothes.
19. Generally people do not understand me (but those who get along ultimately regret having thought of abandoning me initially).
20. I like to eat every type of vending junk that is sold by the roadsides, specially when I visit Lahore.
21. Paul Mauriat’s Love is Blue is my favourite instrumental - while John Denver's Annie’s Song is my all time favourite songs. The Beatles continue to be my favourite band till date (since my childhood )
22. Thorn Bird and El Chemist have been my favourite readings.
23. My favourite film? Well cant name one, but Heaven can wait, After the promise and To kill a mocking bird are some of my favourite.
24. Photography, philately and blogging are my favourite pastimes, while playing Scrabble on line keeps me busy when am not doing anything else.
25. The last one – my late father continues to be my power of strength (may he rests in peace in heavens – Ameen).