While consuming various supplements, we generally consume calcium for strengthening bones and other deficiencies - but a recent research shows that magnesium deficiency is more pronounced in patients suffering from osteoporosis or the brittling of bones rather than calcium deficiency as commonly believed.
In fact doctors and nutrients warn that over 90% people are magnesium deficient and try to cure their deficiency symptoms with calcium rather than the actual deficient magnesium supplements or even adding diets rich in magnesium.
Those suffering from following ailments should be concerned about their magnesium deficiency and get a detailed blood test to ascertain the truth behind their ailments.
Following are some of the indicators and signs of magnesium deficiency:Muscle spasms and cramps
- Arteries calcification - linked with heart diseases and heart attack
- High blood pressure / Hypertension - low magnesium level leads to blood pressure and hypertension
- Anxiety and depression - magnesium deficiency can lead to neuron damage and cell death
- Hormone problems - pregnant women have lower magnesium level as estrogen and progesterone levels become higher. That is the reason why pregnant women suffer from cramps in the legs and also in the second half of their menstrual cycle when estrogen and progesterone are also higher and magnesium level is lower.
- Sleep problems - Magnesium can also affect the good night sleep
- Low energy - magnesium deficiency can lead to lack of desire, low energy, fatigue and other problems
- Deficiencies of other minerals - Magnesium deficiency can inhibit or slow down proper use of Vitamin K and D, potassium, calcium and many other nutrients
- Black beans
- Pumpkin seeds
- Dark chocolate
Source: My Healthy Lifestyle